Thursday 12 March 2015

Using a Typewriter to Inspire Kids to Write

My daughter decided to type and illustrate a story.

To me, the most important part of writing education is to develop a love or at least a desire to write. Changing the medium from a pencil, to a pen, to crayons, markers, or paint, from lined paper, to blank paper, to colored paper, to the computer word processing program, to the drawing program on the computer, to a postcard.......... can help to keep writing motivation strong. So when my daughter wanted to drag out the typewriter my son purchased a few years ago at a flea market and type her story, my husband helped her right away.

She had fun pushing the keys, but in the process wrote three different stories.

This was completely my seven year old's idea and a perfect example of a successful unschooling activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Geography Game

This is a very straight forward way to study countries of the world. All of the kids enjoyed playing the game when they were about six years...